RV La Marguerite Cruise on Mekong River
RV La Marguerite Cruise on Mekong River
La Marguerite, 46-cabins river vessel, raises the bar of river cruising in the Mekong Delta, offering unparalleled cruise experience, top notch excursions between Saigon and Siem Reap. World Class paired gourmet dining experiences add sparks to your personal journey while its carefully researched excursions to cultural destinations allows for passion revival.
Day 1: Sai Gon – Soai Rap
- From 10:30 to 12: 00: Register for cruise at Sofitel Plaza Saigon Hotel.
- 12:00: take motor coach transfer to Saigon Port.
- 12:15: embark onto the luxurious vessel where iced mineral water and cold towels will be served.
- 13:00: proceed to the Mekong Restaurant for a tasty buffet lunch. Lunch ends at 15:00.
- 15:00: the captain will commence port formalities from 12:30 to 15:00. Thereafter, the purser will distribute your cabins keys.
- 15:15: the captain raises the anchor, sound the horns and sails leisurely towards Soai Rap, 10 kilometers from the river mouth.
- 18:00: adjourn to the Saigon Lounge for briefing.
- 19:30, proceed to the Mekong Restaurant and enjoy the first dinner onboard.
- Dinner ends at 21:00. The boat sails towards Cai Be around 1:00.
Day 2: Soai Rap – Sadec
- 7:30: a hearty breakfast will be served as the journey continues towards Cai Be.
- 10:30: get ready for the first excursion..
- Return to boat for lunch at 12:30. Lunch from 13:00 to 15:00.
- 13:00: depart for Sadec, hometown of Marguerite Duras’ lover.
- 16:00: follow the guide to this quaint city. Visit the old house of Huynh Thuy Le’s now known as The Lovers Museum, local markets along the paved river banks, the ancient Pagoda and the Chinese deities at the Fujian Temple.
- The excursion ends at 18:00.
- From 18:30 to 19:30: cultural dancers take centerstage at Saigon Lounge.
- 19:30: proceed to the restaurant for themed dinner. Dinner ends at 21:00.
Day 3: Tan Chau – PhnomPenh
- 2:00: the boat arrives in Tan Chau, a remote small town on the main Mekong River.
- From 7:00 to 8:30: Rise and dressed for a wonderful breakfast served.
- 8:30: transfers to small boats, visit a floating fish farm and navigates along the tiny tribunals where stilt houses are haphazardly leaning on one another. Go ashore and make a city tours on Xe Loi where stops will be made at traditional silk making factory and rattan mats and slippers making factory.
- 11:30: return to the boat and prepare for lunch.
- 12:00: cast off for the Vietnamese/Cambodian borders for port and immigration formalities. The border in Vietnam is Song Tien and the border in Cambodia is Ka Orm Samnor.
- From 12:30 to 14:00: Lunch is served.
- 14:00, commence border-crossing procedures.
- 17:45, start the second part of the journey into Cambodia and heads towards Phnom Penh.
- From 19:30 to 21:00: Dinner is served. Enjoy the first night in Cambodia.
Day 4: PhnomPenh
- 2:00: Dock midstream near Phnom Penh Port.
- 7:00, the boat will continue to sail towards Phnom Penh Port around 7:30.
- From 7:00 to 8:30: Breakfast will be served.
- 8:30: Visit Phnom Penh city. Travel around by motor coach/bus and visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and National Museum. A
- 12:00: return to the boat for a re-energizing power lunch to prepare for the second part of the excursion today.
- 14:30: take motor coach/bus and visit the Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng (S21) detention center.
- 17:30: This excursion ends. Shopping is optional.
- 18:30 to 19:30: meet guide for briefing.
- From 19:30 to 21:00: Dinner is served. After dinner, a special Cambodia performance awaits at the Saigon Lounge.
- The performance will starts at 21:00 and ends at 22:00.
View Full Itinerary
Price (Per Person in US Dollar)
- Transfer from designated meeting points to boat in Saigon and PhnomPenh
- All meals ( B,L,D)
- Guided sightseeing( including excursion and entrance fees)
- Selected beverages ( local beers, spirits, soft drinks, packaged juice)
- Port dues
- Visa and Air ticket
- Other items excluded in Price Inclusions.